So it's been a long time since I have updated the blog, over five months actually. I have been thinking about updating it a dozen of times but I somehow always manage to convince myself to push it a couple of days and come up with excuses about how I am too busy to blog, how my english isnt good enough etc. but someone asked me on twitter the other day why I hadn't updated my blog in so long and I realised I really dont have any good excuse so here I am!
Brief recap of what has been going on since my last blog post:
- I went to Las Vegas for the first time this summer (and my first real visit to America too) for a couple of months to play WSOP events. The poker wasn't a huge success, I had three cashes including a 26th in the 1500 pot limit holdem (lost KK to 88 for 2x avg then AQ vs 78s for the comeback) and and 15th in one of the big 1500 NL events (openshoved 77 into TT). So overall I think I ended up playing just shy of 20 events and had two deep runs which I am pretty happy with. The fields were as soft as what I had been told but I still dont feel like wsop is nessecarily the must-play series that a lot of people make it out to be, Timex summed up my thoughts pretty well in his wsop blog: http://www.cardrunners.com/blog/Timex/10-comments-on-the-wsop-why-i-loved-it-and-why-you-shouldnt-play-it
However I had such a blast hanging out with the four guys I rented a house with that it was easily some of the best months of my life and something I am defintely going to do again next year.
Going to the wsop was a bit of a last minute decision for me and I took a bit of gamble by staying with two people I had only talked a bit with online and two guys that were complete strangers to me. It turned out great though and I had such a good time with them, seeing friends that I only get to see 1-2 times a year and meeting a lot of of new and awesome people, definitely the best pokertrip I have done.
- I have moved to London! As much as I enjoyed living in Copenhagen near my friends and family I felt like it was time for some new scenery. I love London (been there 15+ times since my aunt used to live there) and ive always wanted to try and live in another country and now just seems like a great time to do it since I really don't have any obligations. I dont own any property, I dont go to school, I dont have a girlfriend, im young and all I need to work is a laptop and an internet connection! Ive moved in with my good friend and fellow poker player Andrew Teng in an apartment near Paddington and so far im enjoying it a lot. The last month has been so busy because of WCOOP and EPT London that I barely have had a chance to explore the city but il be blogging a lot more about London in the future.
- I havent been grinding a lot the last couple of weeks but I played a lot during WCOOP. I had a lot of really deep runs in WCOOP events and got top 100 in 5-6 nl events (including 52nd in the main where I ran AKs into AA) and third in the 215 Stud event. I think I played very well overall but just lost some crucial flips towards the end. I am very proud of how much I grinded though considering just how badly the month started out, here is my full graph for the month (couldnt figure out how to post it in a bigger size but you can click it):
- Probably the biggest news since my last update is that I have signed with Pokerstars to be a member of Team Online! Even though its only been about a month I have enjoyed all the aspects of it so far. It's been pretty fun to do interviews and photos etc and I have talked a bit with them about ideas for upcoming events/promotions and I think they have some really great ideas, its still a little early to say but I think this could be end up being one of the best decisions I have ever made. They put up a small bio about me here: http://www.pokerstars.com/team-pokerstars/team-online/mickey-petersen/
- I have played a couple of Epts and other live tournaments in Europe without too much success, I honestly think I am playing pretty great though and when I bink one eventually its just gonna feel that much better! I might try and make a graph over all the live tournaments ive played as I am pretty curious just how much I am down and post it in my next blog.
This ended up a lot longer than I expected but I guess thats what I get for slacking for so long. Right now I am in Copenhagen on a brief visit to see some family and friends and then on thursday I am leaving for EPT San Remo.
ps. I found some old recordings that I havent used so I will try and make that into a video sometimes next week, stay tuned!