so today was the day that i'm moving into my new place and a new phase of my life begins... it's been very rough and tomorrow will be a month since my mother passed. i think about her everyday and it doesn't seem to get easier and i just keep this numb feeling. so i'm officially a resident of my new place. i'm having some bed issues in that i can't get the boxspring to fit in the house so i need to figure out what to do with that. it's weird moving from having a house to basically just having a room. i like the simplification and the lower expense as well. so being that i feel tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life i figured i should make some goals.
1) Play 40k hands for the month. that would be like 20 days of work at 2k hands a day which i think is easily doable.
2) I don't want to be results oriented but i would like to increase the PTBB/100 stat from last month. i'd like it to be at least .5BB higher. if i move up in levels i'd like it to at least stay the same.
3) hit the gym at least 5 days a week. i did this for well over a year straight i would say and saw great results. the results haven't really gone away but i'm not as toned as i was and lost a small amount of size.
4) limit myself to one night of drinking a week. i don't see the point of working my ass off at the gym only to weaken the results b/c i have no self control. quite frankly come summer time i don't like to waste the nice days staying in and sleeping off hangovers. one night a week is more than enough and i always was the DD and don't mind it at all. if i'm going to play poker as a career, i can't be wasting brain cells and be fried all the time.
5) Every two months I'd like to take a shot at the next higher level. Meaning if i'm playing 50NL now... i'd like to be playing 100NL by Aug. 1st. whenever i can successfully beat a level over a 50k sample size i'd like to move up provided i have at least 30 BI's for the shot at the next level.
6) I will set a stop loss for a session at -4 BI's. I don't see a reason to stop if i'm playing well and winning and the game is still +ev. i do know if i drop more than 4 BI's it will probably tilt me.
I will be playing MTT's as well... probably almost all of the MSOP events on FT. i like the concept a lot. i played one yesterday that had 5k people and i finished 1400 or so. couldn't really get anything going and was pretty card dead
Also another goal is to get some sort of study group or at least a few people to discuss hands with. i have a couple trusted people i talk to but i wouldn't mind expanding on that.
i think these are solid goals and very attainable... it helps for me to put my thoughts down and it just gives me some strange way to hold myself accountable.