AS those of you who actually regularly read my blog know I have been running very badly for 2 months. I am 2500 big blinds below EV in my last 50k hands.
I talked to friend about it the other day and he said to ditch my EV graph for awhile. I thought about it alot over the last 3 days ( I have not played a single hand) and I think my EV graph was helping me stay confident knowing that I was gettiong my $$ in ahead and was playing profitable poker, but I was also thinking alot about running badly and waiting for impending doom in my next session.
I think I play well still, but I know when I take a couple of bad beats close together I start pressing and just waiting to hit the homerun instead of concentrating on good spots to take down pots uncontested. I guess this is my form of tilt and I believe it kills my winrate. I am, however, good at recognizing when this happens and quit playing.
So here is what I am going to do...
Goals to be accomplished by Nov 1st.
- Start each session playing my A game and in a good frame of mind.
- Concentrate on good spots to steal the pot 100% of the time
- DONT TILT
- stick to a 2BI stop-loss
- play 30k hands of ONLY 50nl and be able to say I made the best decision every chance I had.
- review hands every session and post at least 1 in the CR LL forum for review.
- DO NOT review my EV graph, just make sure I made correct decisions
I think thats it, hopefully I will be able to mainatin my discipline and not just up to 100nl at ANY point before the end of the month when I can reevaluate my play and BR.
Dang that was a long one
wish me luck, thanks for reading