ok so I haven't updated this in months. I moved up to 50NL at the end of Jan and did pretty well. I cashed out like half of my roll for a spring break cruise and some spending money for the rest of the semester. I haven't played all that much the last two months because I have been pretty busy with school. I just graduated a few days ago, yay, and am down to put some hours in and grind back up at 25NL.
I played 2 long sessions today and they were like complete opposites. The first session I played about 2000 hands and won $122.30 which I was really happy about. Then I went out and played 9 holes with some friends and played another 1550 hands, this time losing $106, hitting my 4-buyin stop loss for maybe the second time since i put that in. That put me at a net of $16 profit over 3500 hands on the day, which is pretty dissapointing.
Bigger Hands From First Session:
1. Flop straight against TPTK so good for me, I like the small bet on turn to keep him in given the board texture
2. I am really confused by this guys line with AA, and am pretty pissed i didnt get everything he had
3. This was the biggest hand that I lost this session which wasn't really all that big anyways, I just thought that this hand was interesting with everybody flopping so big
Bigger Hands From 2nd Session:
1. I'll start with a good one from this session, I just thought this hand was pretty funny with what he called down with.
2. I really liked this hand, first of all i think he was bluffing/semibluffing for the most part anyways and was trying to make a play on the flop that conitnued on turn, but even if he had KQ he cant really call this
3. This hand really hurt, its never fun to lose a 275+ bb pot allin pre with AA vs KK
4. Im not as sure about this one, maybe im being results oriented. The allin player for 7 dollars was absolutely terrible and we both knew that. Rapsor's flat call is usually reeaalllly strong, but in this spot I didnt have to be, he could easily have a hand like top pair or a draw on that board like KJ or AK. I think the push to isolate is my only real play. Calling seems horribly bad
5. This is another hand that I found kind of confusing. That ace on the turn is an awful awful card. I guess i still have to push bcuz of the flush draw possibility and the KQ possibilty, but its a real crying push. Im not sure if thats fully correct, but if i check and he either pushes or bets half im in a spot where i cant exactly fold
6. This guy played absolutely terrible, and he played this hand pretty terrible too. I cant fold this river when I only need to be good 20% of the time
7. This happened a lot......
8. I liked how i played this regardless of result, i think hes insane for calling this river and is soooo far behind basically every other instance this would happen.
lol, going through that second session, of the 7 biggest pots i was in, i lost 6 of them. O well, just have to stay patient, im about 7 buyins below expectation in May thus far, hopefully that will turn around while I still have hair left. good night!