I've been playing poker off and on for five years now, althought I'm a winning player and have done pretty well I think I have a lot to improve on, both game wise and how I go about it. I'm having a hard time balancing my work, social life, excersicing, relaxing and poker playing. The last two weeks or so it's only been work and poker, and it hasn't been going very well (kinda in either, unmotivated and tardy at work and unlucky and not focused at the tables).
I'm really proud in my exercise progress this last half year, but my poker ambitions have gotten in the way of that lately. I haven't exercised the last week and a half, and that's just because I've been focusing on playing poker instead. And I'm not really happy about that. I need to put my poker schedule around the rest of my life, not the other way around.
I need to play cashgames insead of MTT's , they are too timeconsuming and really mess up my schedule. But I'm not rolled to play the stakes I'd like - so it's kinda frustrating. A part of me just want to score a decent tournie win so I get rolled, but I think I should just play the low stakes and grind.
So this is my goals:
- Jump on my bike or hit the gym instead of the tables right after work.
- Focus on key parts of my game that needs to improve - right now it's being more selective in my aggression, and being more aware of exectly where my edge is against my table.
- Don't let poker playing get in the way of my social life, I need to be social a couple of times a week at least.
- Focus on playing when I do (and not have my browser open and surfing aswell).
- Focus on making every decision the perfect one.
Okey, so what I'm going to do today is:
- Hit the gym after work.
- 3 table cashgame and one tourney.
- Lay some social plans for the weekend.
I'll tell you how it goes later tonight.